A Biome is an explorable area of a specific type in 7 Days to Die.
Each biome has varying traits and special content, for example, you can only find Sand in the Desert biome, only find Burnt Wood in the desolate Burnt Forest and Wasteland biomes. The varying content in each biome is not just attributed to ground and trees, you will find Stags and Rabbits in most areas, but if you are looking for pork from a Pig then you will only find them around the Forest biome.
When you are looking for a place to build a home/fort/base then you will want to weigh up the pros and cons of each biome as you will need to inevitably pick one to build in.
There are currently nine Biomes in Navezgane:
- Burnt Forest - Very little notable locations here, with the exception of one of the Army Recon Campsites to the far east.
- Desert - Contains Ghost Town
- Forest - Contains Diersville
- Nuclear Fallout Zone - Boundary of the playable zone
- Pine Forest
- Rural Area
- Snowy Forest - Among other things, home to one of the other Army Recon camps.
- Wasteland - Home to the city Gravetown, and the games two factories, all of which house great loot.