A Camp Fire is a useful cooking object which can often be found in the many lodges and numerous camp sites scattered all over the map. It can be crafted using Small Stones making it very cheap on resources. The player can use a Camp Fire to cook different types of Food items.
A Camp Fire is very easy to use, but will need a few items before it can be used. It will require cookware, a source of Combustible fuel in addition to the ingredients required by the particular recipe selected. Once these items have been obtained a Camp Fire can be used to cook with.
- A Camp Fire can be used by approaching it and placing the cross-hair over it. Select the option to open the Camp Fire by pressing the E key (Default). Doing this will open the cooking grid giving with it control over the Camp Fire.
- Place the selected cookware into the Cookware Slot. This will then open the four center slots, allowing the ingredients for the chosen recipe to be placed into the Camp Fire.
- The recipes available are determined by the cookware used and the ingredients currently carried. Although the cooking grid appears the same regardless of cookware used, each type of cookware can only cook specific types of food.
- Finally a source of Combustible fuel will need to be added to the Camp Fire and is placed into one of the three available Fuel slots.
- Clicking on the Cook button will ignite the Camp Fire and begin the cooking process. It is advisable to add the fuel source last so that none is wasted while adding the cookware and ingredients. This will also give more precise control over the amount of Combustible fuel used. Burn time is dependent on the type of fuel and the quantity added.
The list below gives a brief overview of the different types of Cookware available for use by the player.
A simple utensil used for cooking basic food items of the Charred type. Offering the player the easiest way to cook raw meats thereby reducing the negative effects associated with consuming the raw varieties.
A relatively simple utensil used to cook food of the Grilled type. Grilled food smells less than charred food and is less of an attractant to Zombies. However, it should be noted that there are only a handful of recipes available to the player when using a Cooking Grill.
A very useful utensil used to cook food of the Boiled type. This is the most versatile piece of cookware currently available. It will allow the player to cook many useful recipes in addition to boiling Bottled Murky Water to produce the purer and much safer Bottled Water.
A specialized piece of cookware used to produce Chemicals and Medicines. this too has only a handful of recipes that make use of it, all are of a chemical nature. It should be considered valuable to the player, taking into account that it is used to produce Antibiotics which are the only known cure for Infection.
Before being able to craft a Camp Fire the player will need the following items.
- 8x Small Stone
The player can craft a Camp Fire by placing the 8 small stones into the crafting grid as shown below.
|Crafting time: 0:05|
- The most common Combustible fuels are Sticks, Wood Logs and Blades of Tall Grass.
- Campfires may also be effective pvp traps, as players stuck in a pit of fire have to deal with being on fire, and possibly having broken limbs.