A Forge is used to melt ore or melt scrap metal and metal based items to produce metal bars. The metal is then used in a mold to cast a variety of useful items. This includes amongst other items, Bullet Casings, Bullet Tips and Gun Parts. These can then be crafted into ammunition and weapons. It is fairly easy to craft a Forge and the items required are reasonably easy to obtain.
As of Alpha 12.4 Forge Ahead is no longer required to craft a Forge.
A Forge is very easy to operate, but will need a few items before it can be used. It will require a Mold, a source of metal and a source of Combustible fuel. Once these items have been acquired a Forge can be used cast various items.
- A Forge can be used by approaching it and placing the crosshair over it, this will give the option to open the Forge by pressing the E key. Doing this will open the forging grid and give control over the Forge.
- Place the selected Mold into the Mold Slot, this will now allow the correct type of metal to be inserted.
- The weight and type of metal required is determined by the Mold used and depends on the item the Mold will cast. Once enough metal of the correct type is available it can be placed into the Metal slot of the Forge.
- Finally a source of Combustible fuel will need to be added to the Forge and is placed into one of the three available Fuel slots.
- The Forge will ignite and the casting process will begin. It is advisable to add the fuel source last so that none is wasted while adding the Mold and sources of metal. this will also allow more precise control over the amount of Combustible fuel used.
Before the player can craft a Forge they will need the following items.
As of 12.4 you will also need a Bellows and Clay to craft a forge.
The player can craft a Forge by placing the required items into the crafting grid in the positions as shown below.
|Crafting time: 0:30|
Many items found in 7 Days to Die are Combustible and can be used as a source of fuel for a Forge. Each different item will burn for a different amount of time, the list below serves a guide to the Combustible items the player can burn and how long each one will burn for.
- Type: Workplace
- Meltable: No
- Scrappable: No
- Dismantleable: No
- Mass: 13
- Creative Menu: Yes
- Crafting: Yes Add new detail