The Zombie Dog is a type of Zombie and Animal. When the apocalypse began, the transformation of these poor and loyal Doberman dogs into blood thirsty undead creatures were the first example that made clear that everything can reanimate into zombies, animals included. These creatures are dangerous over short distances, and even worse when in packs. Able to run full sprint during daytime these four-legged zombies will rapidly close in on the player to strike him down. A Zombie Dog's run speed is the same as the player's run speed, however, the Zombie Dog should stop chasing the player after 18 seconds. 
Zombie Dogs can run without hindrance over single block high obstacles. They pose a threat to bases with even a single block breach as they can walk in via the space of a single block, whereas all other zombies, with the exception of the Crawler Zombie, require a one by two breach.
Zombie Dogs always attack the lowest block of a structure.
Like other zombies, attacking a Zombie Dog's head is more effective than attacking its body. If you have the advantage of knowing where it is, shooting it with your highest damage weapon available is a good strategy to avoid from it running straight at you at high speed. Beware that Zombie Dogs often are found in packs of 2-3! As of Alpha 11, hordes of 8-10 dogs will attack the player every 6th day multiple.
- There is a possibility that this zombie can glitch through blocks or walls because of their high agility.
- There have been instances where Zombie Dogs have been observed glitching on top of placed torches. This may be helpful to slow them down if a player is being chased; the confused canines loop around and around the torches when they try to run over them.
- There is a somewhat rare glitch causing Zombie Dogs to spawn invisible to the player.
- Dogs will stop attacking the player if the player leaves the POI were they spawned. This only happens in Navezgane.
- There is also a rare glitch causing zombie dogs to kill you with one bite even with full wellness, armour and health.
- Zombie Dogs can hear, smell and sense players better than other zombies.