Early Access Review
Stay Away unless you're willing to deal with Bugs, hackers, DEVELOPERS.
Before you read this, understand that the amount of hours I have on the game are legit and spent traveling chernarus
-For consumers (Bohemia below)
1. 3 Years later, this game is on version .60 However, The amount of bugs in this game to this day makes no sense. Bohemia Interactive made over $70 Million with this game, for a reference, Thats more than Forza Horizon 2. However, 3 YEARS into development, this game has the same (if not more) bugs than it did on release, with not much content added. When they do, it breaks something else.
.58 They added cars,
.59 The cars required parts (normal and expected)
.60 The cars disappear when the server restarts
.60 was released in June of 2016. To put it in perspective, H1Z1 is updated with new, less game breaking bugs every month.
2. Hackers and glitches. The amount of bugs in the game is terrible but none of them add up to the toxic community this game contains. It's just as bad for both the community and developers to coexist in a "hacker" enviroment when a game is in developement. That being said. Bohemia has made 0 attempts to combat the amount of hackers in the game. It's to the point where the hackers make the game unplayable.
I spawn into a high-pop server, 1 of 4 things will most likely happen.
1. Spawn into someone who is SWIMMING IN LAND. If you dont know what is: Its a player who has a swimming animation on land, making it VERY difficult for you to see them and kill them. However, they are not swimming on their own screen. Making it simple to kill you. (THIS HAS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR YEARS AND IS SUPER SIMPLE TO DO)
2. Spawn into someone who is teleporting and takes your weapon from you.
3. Spawn into "carpetbombing" which is a hacker dropping grenades on random spots
4. Spawn and there is a person glitched into your building who can shoot you but you can't even see them
Sounds fun? It's not. That's DayZ. The game where a hacker or glitcher can do whatever they please.
WHY develop your game on the ARMA 2 ENGINE when the ARMA 3 ENGINE was ALREADY COMPLETED? The ARMA 2 engine was a failure, a terrible engine, and no band-aid will fix it. Do the right thing and instead of putting a band-aid on a gun shot wound, fix the wound, change the enigne.
You have reveived too much income from the sales of this game, not including the cost to run a server which you profit heavily on. (Over $100 USD a month to run a 60 man server) for this game to be where it is. This game has so much potential. If you want to make this game better, USE THE ARMA 3 ENGINE. This is unprofessional for a company to have people invest into their game, expect updates and feedback on the game, and get the exact opposite. Yearly incremental updates and bans on your forums when we try to give you advice.